The IKEA Bekant is the grown up cousin to the IKEA Skarsta. The desk comes in more variations than the Skarsta, has electric height adjustment, rather than the hand crank (though you will need some after market modifications to get programmable presets).
A benefit of this desk is sits along side the whole Bekant range, so you can mix and match drawers, shelving units and other storage. The Bekant range seems a bit more equipped for the larger office, with optional screen dividers and combination layouts etc.
With the focus being more on medium sized business, rather than your home office, the Bekant range also comes with a price bump that could put some off, especially when you consider the build quality is not streets ahead of the Skarsta, particularly when it comes to the dreaded wobble, though most people don’t have an issue (see the video at 4:35 below to see the problem in real life).
That said, there is much good to be said for this entry level sit/stand desk, here are a few snippets:
Opinion: Would we recommend this sit stand desk? Not at this price point. The Idåsen represents much better value for money, take a look why in our Idåsen review round up here. The only reason to go with the Bekant would be if it was fitting in with a number of other items from the range, but even then, those rounded corners are starting to look a bit dated, right?
Whilst the Bekant range has more veneer options for the table top than the Skarsta, they still do not have the premium finish you are likely looking for, and some people really don’t like the extra rounded corners. Interestingly, the guys at Design Inside, quoted above, must have felt the same way, they modified their top using an IKEA kitchen range butchers block! As you know, we offer replacement premium table tops for Bekant sit/stand desks (and any other range/table if you get in touch with us).
IKEA Bekant Video Reviews
If you want to see the desk in action, here is Ikea’s stilted promo video, and review of the desk (by someone who seems to really like it, all apart from the table top, he modified another table top from IKEA mainly due to the corner curves in his case, some details are in the video).
Other Ikea Reviews
- IKEA Idåsen alternatives (Flexispot/Furna/Yo-Yo/Fully/ConSet) – comparison tableFor one reason or another, the popular Idåsen sit/stand desk frame seems to be entirely out of stock in the […]
- Karlby & Alex Review – Using IKEA counter tops as desk topsInfo: this post contains affiliate links. A recent trend with Ikea hackers is to use an Ikea kitchen counter top […]
- IKEA Idåsen ReviewsThe IKEA Idåsen positions itself as cooler cousin of the IKEA Bekant. It’s industrial look and colour combinations distinguish it […]
- IKEA Bekant ReviewsThe IKEA Bekant is the grown up cousin to the IKEA Skarsta, but is it worth the extra cost? Read reviews and some thoughts about the IKEA Bekant here.
- IKEA Skarsta ReviewsA collection of reviews for the IKEA Skarsta sit/stand desk, plus how we make it better.
Bekant Compatible Solid Wood Desk Top
Order for estimated delivery before , more info.
Pre drilled to fit your IKEA frame perfectly. Upgrade your Bekant sit/stand desk. Choose this solid oak or pine table top instead of the MDF oak veneer that comes with the IKEA Bekant sit/stand desk
Why choose our solid wood table tops?
Hand Delivered. On Time.
30 Day Money Back Promise
An immediate refund or replacement if you’re not happy, which ever suits you best. Free order cancellation within 48 hours, no questions asked.
Solid wood products to fit existing desk frames
Conset Compatible Solid Wood Desk Top£115.00 (inc VAT)
Idåsen Compatible Solid Wood Desk Top£165.26 – £747.64 (inc VAT)
Custom Size Solid Wood Monitor Stand£50.00 (inc VAT)
Bekant Compatible Solid Wood Desk Top£165.26 – £1,043.03 (inc VAT)
Skarsta Compatible Solid Wood Desk Top£165.26 – £747.64 (inc VAT)
Custom Size Solid Wood Desk/Table Top£115.00 (inc VAT)